Tires are the most critical part of your automobile that regulates its speed through an accelerator. Wheels were practically invented in 1888 and since then, the evolution has been rigorous. Before you buy a car, make sure to check the quality of the wheels so that the on road experience and driving safety of your car is maintained at all times.
Wheels are the parts of a vehicle which balances it on different types of roads. The weight of your car is distributed almost entirely among them. Hence, it has to be qualitative. It should have proper curves for tires to fit in.
- It should be light-weighted.
- The wheels must take on heat conduction.
- They must be visually appealing.
- It should be tough and ductile.
- Efficient spinning.
What are they made up of?
Today, in the automobile industry, we use alloy wheels in every vehicle. Alloys are primarily a mixture of different types of metal. Aluminum and magnesium are the significant alloy making metals.
Earlier, it was magnesium alloys that were used in making these wheels. They were known as ‘mag wheels’ back in the early 1940’s then. But with time, Aluminum came into existence with its non-brittle property and was cheaper. Alloy wheels store (ร้านขายล้อแม็ก, which is the term in Thai), work with Aluminum and magnesium now.
Light-weighted wheels distribute the mass of the vehicle and maintain balance. When the weight is less, the grip of the tire is more and fuel consumption is less. They are prone to corrosion.
Big wheels consume a lot of fuel and the short ones are slippery due to its fast spinning movements. Hence, they are made in taking the type of tire and vehicle in view.
The different process that is used in making the alloy wheels are:
- Gravity casting
- HPDC (high pressure die casting)
- LPDC (low pressure die casting)
Properties of Tires in your Vehicle:
- The rubber should be non-absorbent of heat.
- The cut and curves on the tires must be accurate for proper grip and friction.
- It must have a flexible cushion to absorb shock and wear and tears.
- The material should be natural and synthetic rubbers.
- It must be designed according to the weight of the vehicle.
Tires are attire for the wheels. The rim of the wheels has a designed cut for the tires to fit in. The ranges vary according to the material of the wheels and the efficiency of tires. If you have a rugged wheel, its maintenance is less expensive than their replacements.