With the launch of the Maruti Suzuki’s latest Micro SUV S-Presso, the comparison seems inevitable for those who prefer affordable cars with decent specifications and styling bits. There are many leaks on the internet which have given considerable hints regarding what the car might offer.
Maruti Suzuki S-presso would be equipped with an amazing set of features, but the Renault Kwid and Datsun Redi go too are quiet proficient in terms of price to performance ratio. It is also suggested by the sources that the Maruti Suzuki would price the car a bit aggressively, which would also put a burden of expectations on the Indo-Japanese car-makers. Renault Kwid is decent compact hatchback which fulfills the needs of the entry level car. The car seems ideal for those who prefer to commute in Shorter routes. The Datsun Redi Go is a great option for those who seek a compact vehicle delivering great mileage numbers. Thus, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso would have to deal with the efficient nature of these vehicles, which is the crucial need of the entry level cars in the market. Thus below is the comparison of all the three mentioned cars and also the verdict:
- Aesthetic Appeal:The Maruti Suzuki seems to have raised the bar for the entry level cars with it’s micro Suv S-Presso. The cars aggressive stance with decent dynamics like DRL’s and sharp bonnet design. The car certainly has the edge over its rival cars. Especially, the car seems to give tough competition to cars like KUV 100. Thus, S-Presso does take an advantage over the Renault Kwid, and Datsun Redi Go with a significant difference in the Aesthetics.
- Dimensions:Maruti Suzuki does look a much bigger vehicle in the frames, but the specification portrays a completely contrasting picture. The Renault Kwid comes out victorious in the length segment with S-Presso on the second place, and Redi goes in the third place. With 3679mm of length figures, Kwid edges out S-Presso which has 3665mm of length. In the width department, S-Presso comes third, surprisingly! With Renault Kwid again on the top with 1579mm dimensions. Though S-Presso leads the chart in the height segment quite comfortably, Renault Kwid again comes out victorious in the wheelbase section. The ground clearance of S-Presso is not confirmed, but it might be the best in this comparison. Thus, Renault Kwid does take a little advantage in this segment.
- Features:The Maruti S-presso comes with the Amazing Rear parking sensors which are not available in both Kwid and Redi go. The over speed alarm is also a new feature. The ABS is standard in both S-Presso and Kwid but not available in the Datsun Redi go. The Airbags are available in S-Presso and Kwid, but the dual-airbags of S-Presso does have an advantage.The Infotainment Smartplay screen in S-Presso is enabled with Apple car play, and Android auto also is a great initiative.
- Engine specifications:The 1000cc engine in the S-Presso is at par with the performances of the bigger engines in Redi-Go and Kwid. The numbers are extremely similar to each other. The 68 Bhp engine S-Presso churns out 90 nm of torque.
- Price:The Renault Kwid and Datsun Redi Go have been priced at quite affordable 2.76 to 4.75 lakhs and 2.8 to 4.4 lakhs respectively. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso would price between 3.9 lakhs to 5.4 lakhs approximately.